Happy 2014! Last night I rang in the new year with little miss B on the couch, cozy and comfy. James was working the night shift, but we were able to talk on the phone as the clock struck midnight, so I'll take it! What kinds of fun did you guys get into last night?
New Year's Day is always a time I like to reflect on the past year and plan for the future, making a small list of things I'd like to improve or accomplish in the next 365 days.
A few of my resolutions this year:
- Be creative! Brainstorm more and create new things.
- Revamp my wholesale catalog.
- Read more books. Make time at lunch and in the evenings to read.
- Organize the attics and closets and donate what you don't need or use.
- Eat cleaner (the holidays and all the "cheating" and excuses are over!)
- Sign up for more local classes, conferences and business mixers.
- Plant a garden in the spring.
- Be more mindful of spending and wardrobe purchases.
- Work on finishing floral line of invitation suites and start selling!
- Live in the present.
To celebrate the year ahead, I made an 8x10 printable of my favorite quotes by Neil Gaiman for y'all:
“May your coming year be filled with magic and dreams and good madness. I hope you read some fine books and kiss someone who thinks you're wonderful, and don't forget to make some art -- write or draw or build or sing or live as only you can. And I hope, somewhere in the next year, you surprise yourself.”
Pretty words. They sum up my feelings for 2014 exactly. You can download the printable [here]. (It looks pixelated in the preview, but don't worry, it won't look this way once it's printed!)
What do you want to accomplish in 2014? I wish you all a healthy and happy new year! Let's do this.