Also, quickly, a short story: Last night a friend and I went to dinner, and when we ordered beers, my license was denied because it was expired! I'm pretty sure this would only happen in a college town. Because, you know, it's not like I stole my older sister's expired license so I could go out and drink underage. And I was actually starting to feel kind of young and "underage" until my friend asked if she could just buy both of us beers, and the girl said yes. Man. Anyway, this morning I waited in line at the DMV, the most dreaded place on earth, to get a new ID. And you guys. I spent so much time primping this morning only to look like THIS -- like I partied at a frat house all night (and no; I didn't.) Bright side: I can retake my photo in 8 years! Gah.
But I am back from the DMV now, and I am choosing to forget about that silly photo I have to live with until I'm 37 (please let that age be far, far away.) There are quite a few things I've been collecting from around the Web to share with you guys, so here they are, in no particular order:
- This site is my new favorite way to kill time and laugh while doing it
- Our little town on Design*Sponge!
- Cannot stop watching this (I love it)
- Tips for better smartphone photos here
- Scallop is the new chevron
- Why parenting is more important than schools
- Two dishes I've cooked lately and highly recommend: here + here
- Seriously living by these kitchen cheat sheets -- free printables here
- Keeping the victims of Sandy in my thoughts + donate here
Have a great weekend, friends!
Bad ass photo of Ringo by Nancy Lee Andrews here